Monday, March 31, 2008

Morning walks

She's a "different" looking duck. Maybe part turkey? Daddy turkey duck. It's rare that the female is better looking than the male duck. He had no fear, he came right up to Kodi Lynn, and took the bread from her hand. It made me a little nervous that he had no fear. (Can you see all of the different birds that joined him?) Up close and personal with daddy. He's eyeing my red toes... Lady bugs?... Yum!
Every morning my mom, the kids and I go on a walk to the local park, where there is a track around a little lake. We walk around the track twice and the stop to feed the ducks. As well as a few other birds that happen to stop by for the free breakfast. There is this "different" looking duck with her little ducklings that we especially like to feed. She has lost a few, but we are hoping that these 3 will stay safe. Kodi Lynn loves to see the baby ducks every morning. Degan just loves getting out of the stroller. :)

4 comments:

lynda said...

I hope the three little ducklings stay safe too.
It looks like you guys are having fun. I miss those kiddos!

Letti said...

That big duck is one ugly bird. What a pretty park and thats so nice that it is so close.

Tasha said...

Okay that duck really does look like part turkey! Seriously, I think you could have that right. How fun to have that little lake right by your Mom's house. I am sure the kids love it! I sounds like you are having a relaxing good time.

Tasha said...

Way to go on surprising Letti and coming earlier than you had said!!! I am sure that made her day!!!! Hope I get to see you while you are here :)