Monday, September 1, 2008

Why do we even have an appendics?

Well if you have read Letti's blog, or been on the phone with one of my very loving family members, then you probably know that I had an emergency laperscoptic appendectomy last night. I have been under the weather for a few weeks with a weird stomach viruse, but thought it was under control. Well Saturday morning I noticed that my nausea had returned and on Sunday it was still there. I put the kids down for a nap around 1:00 p.m, and went to the guest room to get some rest for myself. And, around 2:00 I was woken up by a sudden wave of nausea, and sharp painful stabs in my abdomen. Well to spare you from T.M.I. my friend Rachel came over to take me to the E.R. After 4 hours and 2 sets of CAT SCANS, the doctor told me I had to have surgery right away. After a slight panic attack, (I hate needles, medicine, and well hospitals) went into surgery at 11:00 p.m, and was awake at 1:00 a.m. Bobby stayed with me overnight and took me home today around noon. I am in a some pain, about a "4 or 5", but happy to be home. I am not to be left alone for the next week, can't drive the car or lift anything heavier that 15 lbs. After the first week I just have to avoid lifting heavy objects, and pushing a shopping cart, stroller, or vacuum for about 1 more week. It's kind of a bummer to be so absolutely helpless,but am thankful for Bobby and our family and friends. They are all being so great and helpful. Even if they can't be here I feel the LOVE!

5 comments:

Letti said...

I am thankful taht your neighbor was able to be their for you. That had to of been so scary. I have been thinking about you and I hope you get better quickly.

Sallie said...

We're all praying for you here. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Tasha said...

Oh scary!!! I am glad that you made it to the hospital and that everything went okay there. ANd I am glad you had a good friend to take you too. I hope you keep recovering good!!! I am thinking about you.

Jessica said...

I am so glad you are doing well. I wish there was something I could do! Keep us posted on your fast recovery!!

Dasha said...

love you and hope you feel better soon. i wish i could be there to help out with the kiddos and around the house, but it sounds like you got it covered.