Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The "Pillowcase Dress"

So how long have I been talking about this dang dress? I feels like years ago, that I said I wanted to make one. Well I did it! I set out to do what I said I was going to do. It only took 3 years. (Well in my defense, I did just barely get a sewing machine.) Although, I didn't actually use a pillowcase. I had this fabric left over from an apron I started (surprise, surprise). I don't know about any of you, but I hate it when I have so much fabric left over. I feel like it is such a waste! Oops, sorry I got sidetracked... Anyways... Here it is. My very first Pillowcase Dress! Please don't mind all of the wrinkles... Kodi Lynn wore it to dinner. Haha... I will get a better picture of her modeling it.

9 comments:

apee said...

I've been wanting to do one too, but out of an actual pillowcase. Seems to be pretty dang easy. It's adorable, good job!

Amelia said...

cute! I wanted to do one too...haha..I found a cute little one on Etsy.com :) ...just need a sewing machine :(

angela said...

That's soo cute, I want one too.

Jessica said...

So cute, let me know when you can make Kendall and Riley matching ones and how much you will sell them for :-)

Anonymous said...

Jess just pay for the supplies and shipping. Let me the girls sizes too.

Sallie said...

Oh I have some cute pillow cases from Pottery Barn teen that I bought to craft with, I'll have to try that out. Maybe when you come in town next. I bet she looks darling in it.

Jessica said...

Tell me what I need to get?? I would love some Tiffany originals made with love from Texas!

lynda said...

So cute! Definitely need a picture of Kodi modeling it. What size pillowcase do you think Paige would need? :)

Tasha said...

SOOO CUTE!! I love that dress. Way to go Tiffany! :)