Saturday, August 9, 2008

I ate my Green Beans, so now I'm "Big"!

Kodi Lynn loves to tell everyone that she eats her green beans, so that she can get "big". It is so funny. She so badly wants to be like Zoe and Paige. Mostly because they can walk in the street. Hmmmm... She is really pushing it. ;-) Well the other day we were at the pool, and she wanted to jump off the side in to the deep end (thanks B.j) ;-). So here I am getting ready, and before I could get close enough she jumped in and swam to me! Of course I did what was only natural of a proud mama... I screamed with JOY! My little girl just swam to me! After some odd looks from the other moms at the pool, I announced that this was her very first attempt to swim all by herself. They then all understood my goofy outburst. Well, kind of. When she got out to try again, she quickly added "It's okay Mommy, I'm "big"." Yes you are boog! She really is getting so big. She has always been little miss independent, but I just can't stand how big she is really getting. My little "Big" girl! Wow!

7 comments:

apee said...

What a big girl you are Kodi! Logan started to jump off the edges and diving board about a month ago. I can't believe that in the beginning of summer he would barely get into the pool, now he's jumping? Wow they do grow up fast, so fast!

lynda said...

Man, she's brave! Good job Kodi!!

Letti said...

I would of freaked out if she would have done that to me. It sounds like she loves the water. Chloe can now swim all by herself and Kaidee is pretty close.

Rowdy Family said...

did she take lessons or is she just soaking up the bigness from her cousins?

Rowdy Family said...

good job kodilynn. Green beans are magic.

Anonymous said...

No lessons. She just wants to be like her big cousins.

Tasha said...

I am totally impressed she jumped and then swam to you. WAy to go Kodilynn!!! That is very impressive. Now, if I could just get Tanner to do that. What I find funny is that Tanner is always eating to "Get bigger" too. He wants to be as big as Uncle Blake one day. (He is 6'4'' and big built.) I personally don't think that is possible, but I won't discourage at this point.